The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining software which will deliver good healthcare in very-low-income communities.
Key areas of responsibility
- Fully understand our software stack and contribute to improve quality.
- Maintenance of existing software ie. bug fixes, additional features.
- Gathering of requirements for new features.
- Creating mockups/ prototypes for new requirements.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Communication with key stakeholders, the iDempiere community, and professional networking to facilitate collaboration within the health-care software industry.
- Mentoring of junior developers.
- 5+ years of Java experience.
- 5+ years of RDBMS experience (Oracle, SQL serve, MySQL, Postgresql etc)
- Experience with GoLang is a plus.
- Experience with docker.
- Experience with version control systems (git).
- Experience with health software is a plus.
- Motivation, being self-directed yet able to work well as a team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams.
- Education and Experience: Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in computer science or closely-related program. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Lead Developer Banda Health
Based in or near Nairobi. Working remotely can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should contact email@example.com with a brief cover letter and a resume.