Contribute to the initial design, implementation, and deployment of an open-source, Java- and Web-based hospital management information system, as well as the subsequent ongoing development and maintenance of the Banda Health software for use at church health institutions in Kenya.
– Design and implement new software to support clinical data gathering and hospital management
– Gather requirements for new features from healthcare administrators and other system users
– Maintain existing software (i.e. debugging, additional features)
– Maintain of existing systems (including servers and networks)
– Train, troubleshoot, and provide end-user support for installation sites
– Minimum 1 year of experience working with a team on enterprise Java software
– Good systems analysis and software design skills
– Experience with MySQL, including database server administration
– Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking)
– Experience in a healthcare environment would be an asset
Lead Banda Health Developer
Currently, all developers should be based in or near Nairobi. Special circumstances can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For volunteers coming to work full-time on the project, a one-year minimum is expected, though longer is better. Special circumstances can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Volunteer developers raise funds through SIM to cover their own expenses.