Contribute to the initial design, implementation, and deployment of an open-source, Java- and Web-based hospital management information system, as well as the subsequent ongoing development and maintenance of the Banda Health software for use at church health institutions in Kenya.
Key areas of responsibility
- Design and implement new software to support clinical data gathering and hospital management
- Gather requirements for new features from healthcare administrators and other system users
- Maintain existing software (i.e. debugging, additional features)
- Maintain of existing systems (including servers and networks)
- Train, troubleshoot, and provide end-user support for installation sites
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with a team on enterprise Java software
- Good systems analysis and software design skills
- Experience with MySQL, including database server administration
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking)
- Experience in a healthcare environment would be an asset
Lead Banda Health Developer
Currently, all developers should be based in or near Nairobi. Special circumstances can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Length of assignment
For volunteers coming to work full-time on the project, a one-year minimum is expected, though longer is better. Special circumstances can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Volunteer developers raise funds through SIM to cover their own expenses.